Friday, March 16, 2012

Bam! Didn't see that coming, did you?

Hello beauties!
I had a couple of extra minutes at the cafe and I thought I would throw together an impromptu blog post!

Things are going really well, keeping busy with work, and with being a social butterfly and all.  This weekend a couple of the girls and I are headed out to the beach again where I plan on celebrating my birthday.  The plan is to spend the weekend surviving on a diet of coconuts, and pancakes (because they have them there!) swimming all day, damaging my skin, and hanging out with some of my favorite people.  I believe there is likely a long list of other people I wish could be there with me, but there is always next year :)

Liza and I cooked dinner for our family last night and some how managed to throw together kind of a Mediterranean style eggplant pasta with fruit salad and garlic bread.  It was surprisingly delicious, and considering we just at it cold for lunch I am beginning to seriously miss eating cool foods on hot days.  Speaking of which, its AMAZINGLY hot here right now.  I made the mistake of asking how hot it was when I called home the other day.  It was about 6:00AM here and if I recall correctly it was above 80 with 91% humidity.  Holy shit folks.  I've probably never felt this continuously gross in my entire life.  Thankfully its nice and cool in the court yard of our house, and Claudius got the fan working in the office, which is a god sent. (Hey Claudius!  I thought I'd give you a little shout out since I know you are reading my blog now!  Tony, you too!  Bernard, I wouldn't forget you either!  Glad to know I can entertain y'all with my huge generalizations and judgments of Ghana!) But luckily you just kinda get used to the heat.  It might be a little shock to the system to hit Oregon in April in a couple of weeks, but I think I'll survive.

Anyways, I've got big souvenir shopping plans for next week, and am beginning to feel a little anxious about wrapping up my time here, and returning to my real life at home.  But, I think I've already talked about that :P  As always, I miss and love you all, and if I owe you an email, I'm still sorry, and I haven't forgotten about you.

Gotta go!  Its trotro time!
PS, I've been thinking about chocolate chips and cheese-its all day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment